Keish Kim speaking in front of Georgia Board of Regents in behalf of GUYA and the Undocumented students in Georgia.
Asking to RESCIND the ban on Undocumented students. (Policy 4.1.6) This policy states that admissions offices check immigration status before admitting students and if they are not lawfully present, they cannot attend the public universities in Georgia. Currently under this policy the 5 most competitive public university enforce this. Including UGA, GA Tech Georgia State University, GCSU, and Georgia Health Science University.
So, on November 8th, 2011, GUYA was granted a seat at the Board of Regent’s committee of Organization and Law to present a 10 minute presentation. This was Keish Kim’s speech asking the board to lift the ban before halting more goals and dreams of the invisible, undocumented students in Georgia.The scarlet U represented all the Undocumented students who were underrepresented and were unable to stand with us. We are standing up and speaking out for all of them.
Undocumented and Unafraid. Unashamed and Unapologetic!!
- darlene-king reblogged this from guyaconnect
- addia-kennedy reblogged this from guyaconnect
- backwards-in-time likes this
- olitadealtamar reblogged this from guyaconnect and added:
- dreamactnow reblogged this from guyaconnect
- reallifedocumentarian reblogged this from noface-nameless and added:
- noface-nameless reblogged this from guyaconnect
- turnmyheadintosound likes this
- guyaconnect posted this